David G. McKennett
David McKennett, a native of Montana, joined Purnell, McKennett & Menke, PC after graduating from George Mason University School of Law in 2005, with a litigation focus. Mr. McKennett became a share partner of the firm in 2014.
His practice primarily focuses on large construction litigation where he has successfully litigated numerous high six figure matters ranging from one day to multi- week trials. Mr. McKennett also handles a significant number of litigation cases involving business, corporate and real estate law in addition to hundreds of landlord/tenant matters each year. Finally, a recognized collections expert, Mr. McKennett supervises the firm’s collection department and has developed and taught continuing legal education materials for other attorneys on proper and effective collection practices.
Before attending law school, Mr. McKennett received his B.A. in Government from Patrick Henry College where he received the Patrick Henry Award for Oratory; the award given to the graduating senior with the greatest achievements in intercollegiate debate and moot court. Mr. McKennett graduated second in his class. He also interned for such influential individuals and organizations as the former Senator Conrad Burns (MT), the United States Probation Office (DC), and Judge Kenneth Star.
Mr. McKennett is licensed to practice in all Virginia and Idaho courts.
He lives in Bristow, VA with his wife and 5 children, is active in his church and coaches his children’s youth soccer teams.
David G. McKennett, Esq.
Purnell, McKennett & Menke, PC
9214 Center Street, Suite 101
Manassas, VA 20110
Fax (703) 361-0092
- Construction Litigation
- Residential and Commercial Landlord/Tenant Issues and Litigation
- Business, Corporate and Real Estate Litigation
- General Business Representation
- Debt Negotiation and Settlement
- General Civil Litigation
- All Virginia State Trial and Appellate Courts
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- All Idaho State Trial and Appellate Courts
- The United States District Court for the District of Idaho
- The United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Idaho
- Patrick Henry College, summa cum laude, (B.A. 2002)
- Patrick Henry Award for Oratory (awarded to highest achieving senior in intercollegiate debate and moot court)
- George Mason University Law School (J.D. 2005)
- George Mason University Civil Right Law Journal Chief Articles Editor (2003-2004).
- Significant, successful experience in large multi-day trial litigation matters with values in the six and seven figure ranges
- Trial experience throughout Northern Virginia Counties: Prince William, Loudoun, Fairfax, Stafford, Arlington, Culpeper, Fauquier, Warren, Orange and Spotsylvania along with the cities of Alexandria, Fredericksburg, Manassas, Manassas Park, and Fairfax.
- Continuing Legal Education instructor on collection matters
- Published in George Mason University Civil Right Law Journal: “Who Can Create Your Rights on Save Our Valley vs. Sound Transit – The Inability of Agencies to Create Personal Rights and The Implications on The Nondelegation Doctrine” Winter 2004 at 15 Geo. Mason U. Civ. Rts. L.J. 179)
- Blackstone Fellow (2004)
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society
- Federalist Society
- Alliance Defense Fund/Blackstone Fellowship